2017 Games Information
**SPECIAL DEADLINES AS FOLLOWS:
- Monday, May 1 by 4:00 p.m . –LITERARY ARTS ENTRIES:
- Entries must be emailed as a MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017
- Categories are: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry-Rhyming, and Poetry-Free Verse.
- Formatting guidelines and judging criteria may be reviewed on our website – www.qcsogo.org
- Entries not following the guidelines, or received after deadline will be rejected without exception.
- Wednesday, May 10 from 10:00 – 2:00 - Visual & Heritage Arts Rules:
- Drop off all entries at Center for Active Seniors (CASI) 1035 W. Kimberly Road, Davenport
- All entries must be picked up on Friday, July 7 between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at CASI
- A $25 registration fee entitles participants to enter as many events as your schedule allows and includes opening and closing meals, plus on-site refreshments at the events.
- Billiards, bowling, golf, pickleball, and ballroom dance will require additional fees.
- T-Shirts are $10 extra and must be pre-ordered.
- Participants compete in 5-year increments beginning at age 50. Limited entries for some events may result in combining with younger participants.
- Both partners must be registered for doubles competitions. Both partners must compete in the youngest partner’s age bracket.
- All medals will be awarded by 5 year increments and will be awarded on site of event or at HQ.
- Only first 3 medals are included in the entry fee. Additional medals will be $3.00 each.
- Medals may be engraved for free at the HQ in the Ken Anderson Center
Headquarters / Check-In
DATES: Friday/June 2 from 7a.m. – 7p.m. and Saturday June 3 from 7a.m. – 4:00p.m.
WHERE: Augustana College/Ken Anderson Center at 639 38th St./Rock Island, IL
QCSO Information & Rules for Visual/Heritage/Literary and Performing Arts
Visual & Heritage Arts Rules
Literary Arts Rules
Performing Arts Rules
Join us for our special kick-off events on Thursday, June 1, 2017 at the Davenport Hotel, 5202 Brady Street, Davenport, IA.
3:30 - 5:30 PM: Vendor Fair - Exhibits for seniors with representatives available to answer questions.
4:00 PM: Opening Ceremony
5:00 - 6:00 PM: Opening Meal - A delicious pasta buffet will be offered.
6:00 PM: Performing Arts Competition - Music, dance and art are included