**SPECIAL DEADLINES AS FOLLOWS:
- LITERARY ARTS ENTRIES:
- Please note the entry deadline July 1, 2021 and judging dates on the QC Senior Olympics web site. All submissions must be electronically submitted in Word format and Emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Rubric point system will be used in judging as follows:
Purpose, content, language/style = 1 to 3 points
Expression/impact = 1 to 6 points
Mechanics = 0 to 1 point
Total points possible = 10 points
- All participants may enter one (1) manuscript in each of the four (4) literary categories:
Free Verse Poetry
- All entries must be in English, typewritten and single-sided.
Award-winning entries may not be resubmitted in subsequent years.
- Entries must not violate the rights of any third party.
- Each entry must have a cover page (information only, not to be published) including the author's name, bitrthdate, address, phone, title or work and category entered.
- Page 1, after the cover page, should have the title of the work centered at the top line of the manuscript. The author's name should be centered and double-spaced under the title.
- All entries should have a minimum of 1-inch margins.
- Each poetry entry is limited to one single-sided, single-spaced entry no longer than 20 lines.
- Fiction and nonfiction participants are limited to one entry of up to 1,000 words in each category. In no case shall any entry be longer than 4 typewritten, single-sided, double-spaced pages.
- The page number, title of work, and category entered shall be placed on the top, left hand corner of all pages of the manuscript after page 1.
- Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals in each category entered shall be placed on the top, left-hand corner of all pages of the manuscript after page 1.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- A $30 registration fee entitles participants to enter as many events as your schedule allows. On site registration fee is $35.00
- Billiards, bowling, shooting, and golf will require additional fees.
- T-Shirts are $15 extra and must be pre-ordered.
- Participants compete in 5-year increments beginning at age 50. Limited entries for some events may result in combining with younger participants.
- The 5K road race is open to all ages.
- Both partners must be registered for doubles competitions. Both partners must compete in the youngest partner’s age bracket.
- Fleet Feet Track meet is open to ALL AGES.
- New for 2021 is the Triathlon (40 and over).
- Track & Field and Swimming is open to all participants 40 and over.
- Medals will be awarded on site of event or at the Ken Anderson center.
- Only first 3 medals are included in the entry fee. Additional medals will be $5.00 each.
- There will be no engraving of medals in 2021.
Headquarters / Check-In
DATES: Friday-Saturday July 30-31
WHERE: Ken Anderson Center at 3500 5th Ave/Rock Island, IL
QCSO Information & Rules for Arts and Crafts, Literary and Performing Arts
Arts & Crafts Rules
Literary Arts Rules
Performing Arts Rules
July 30, 2021 Ken Anderson Center
8:00am: Opening Ceremony
8:00am: Vendor Fair
4:00pm Ceremony Picnic at the Ken Anderson Center Closing Ceremonies and picnic ($10 additional fee)